Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Virtual Childhood

It's such a huge loss that kids only know how to interact with eachother from behind the safety of their pc and would have no idea how to actually play spin the bottle in person. They are missing out on so much! Life skills you learn as a teen from interacting, facing rejection, dealing with real emotions - are all performed in a virtual world. I wonder if teens even pass notes in school anymore what with the advent of texting.

As a teen, I did whatever I could to see my friends including walk 4 miles in a blizzard on a snow day to meet at a greasy breakfast joint - or - hiking my skinny ass all the way up Pinnacle Mountain in the dark and freezing cold just to drink shitty keg beer! It was good, (un)clean fun! Now, a snowday means who can I IM today? It's all so virtual, there is barely anything real left! I'd hate to be a teenager nowadays!




O

1 comment:

  1. I know, I mean playing spin the bottle and worrying if you caught mono was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete