Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Justin thinks it's wildly entertaining that I know every word to just about every Christmas Carol ever published. He likes to find new or obscure ones and test me. It's rare that I don't know it. I can't really say why this is. I suppose it is just my freaky memory, and I've always liked Christmas music.

When Justin knows I'm not in the mood for the game, he'll goad me into it like this:

Justin sings loudly: "Christ! It's cold in Bethlehem. Warming to the newborn king!"

Fully knowing I will correct him and sing: "Christ was born in Bethlehem, glory to the newborn king!"

I have to admit, this year was the first year I'd really heard or noticed the verse including the lyric "Bring us some Figgy Pudding..." in the standard"We Wish You A Merry Christmas!"








O

2 comments:

  1. Kaitlyn sings.."But do you recall...the most ferocius reindeer of all..."

    and "Oh what farm is it to ride...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always annoyed me that you knew all the words to every damn song - where as I just made up 80-90% of words to any given song at any time.

    ReplyDelete