Wednesday, January 28, 2009

MY kind of motivational speaker!

"Life is short! Enjoy it while you got it! Can't be gottdamn ungrateful all the time!"

Katt Williams opened his latest comedy set, "It's Pimpin' Pimpin'!", recorded in May 2008 in Washington D. C. with that quote. I want to steal that rhyme and shout it to the world, and specifically tattoo it on the inner eyelids of a few people I know. That quote is the perfect set-up for the following show.

I make a point to tune in for all his shows because I think he is relevant, incredibly funny, insightful, and fantastically secure and confident for having such an odd stature and a fucked up head of hair.

His motto for this latest show is "You gotta take care of your star playa" (meaning yourself) and his point was the obvious "If you don't take care of yourself, who will?" but moreover, his point was "...what good can you do in the world or for others if you can't take care of your own sorry ass..." I love how he preaches about self-esteem and fairness (including race and crime and being famous and being poor/underprivileged). He preaches not to sweat the haters because the hater is the joke. He preaches to just fucking get over shit and move on in life.
His outlook is always positive, and that is my kind of talk.

He is not afraid to be corny. He is terribly mouthy but so humble, peaceful, and just fucking cool. I would love it if someone thought all of that about me. Is it weird that I aspire to be like Katt Williams, sans gun toting charges? Ok, maybe a mixture of Katt Williams and Bill Cosby. Why do I want to be a middle aged black man?

1 comment:

  1. "He is terribly mouthy but so humble, peaceful, and just fucking cool."

    Yeah, that is pretty much you

    ReplyDelete